---

---

Monday, April 8, 2013

{SPRING PROJECT}

CONTACT PAPER

I have a bit of a collection of contact paper these days. I seem to buy some every time I visit the dollar store! I've scored some fun retro prints (old, discontinued goodies that ended up there!) as well as some classic prints like faux bois!

It's such a great material- it's sticky enough to cling to furniture, paper, glass, and so many surfaces- yet it doesn't create a gooey mess if you want to peel it off and start over. Get out that old roll of contact paper you bought when you first moved in your home and try using it for something other than lining your drawers! Here are some ideas to get you started!

I PURCHASED THIS CREDENZA AT A GARAGE SALE FOR $20- IT'S THE PERFECT SHAPE SINCE IT'S VERY ANGULAR AND EASY TO APPLY THE CONTACT PAPER TO. IT PEELS RIGHT OFF (FOR LATER WHEN I GET BORED OF LOOKING AT IT!)

YOU MAY SEE A PIECE OF FURNITURE THAT YOU LIKE BUT MAYBE THE FINISH IS THRASHED OR IT HAS A HUGE SCRATCH- THIS IS THE PERFECT WAY TO COVER IT!


I CHOSE TO DO A SCALLOPED DESIGN ALONG THE SLIDING FRONT PANELS. THIS PIECE OF FURNITURE LIVES IN MY 3-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER'S BEDROOM AS HER BOOKSHELF! & I LOVE IT EVEN MORE NOW- SO WORTH THE $20 (well, plus the $3 on contact paper) DO IT!!!


I HAD FUN USING THE NEGATIVE SPACE (THE DARK WOOD GRAIN) AND HAD THAT BECOME PART OF THE OVERALL DESIGN.

FAUX BOIS CONTACT PAPER FOR PACKAGING- A GREAT WAY TO DECORATE A GIFT BOX!

No comments:

Post a Comment