---

---

Friday, January 27, 2012

My other side proj- making planters!




This one is special to me since it came from my Grandma-in-law's house. My husband's grandmother Ruth lived in the same quaint house in Garden Grove while raising her 7 kids. She was married close to 70 years to her husband Herb and I am so inspired by their love for each other- even through Alzheimer's disease. They have an amazing family that I'm lucky to be a part of. So this planter was once a light fixture swagged on a chain from the ceiling of their Garden Grove home. It was a funny blue and white until I sprayed it with orange spray paint- my color of choice these days. I tucked some plants in to the holes and have yet to add a large plant to the opening in the top- maybe some day! Thank you, Grandma Ruth!

This was a $7 swap meet purchase. It's a fishing net that I thought would be cool as a planter- so here it is doing well after almost a year since I planted the succis (pronounced 'suck-eez').

Here's a bird bath that was given to me by my very sweet next door neighbor Billie! It sits near our tree trunk seating area. So beautiful with the flowers blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment